Re: [Axiom-developer] Anybody up for a few basic Aldor questions?

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Anybody up for a few basic Aldor questions?
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

http://portal.axiom-developer.org/Members/starseeker/axiomunit_diagramtest.pdf/download

> Quite a nice introduction to that stuff so far. I appreciate it.

Thanks.

> But I very much wonder, why you don't give proper references. A
> bibliography is completely missing. With all you literature review I
> would have expected that. Also the systems should be cited properly
> by giving links to their respective homepages.

Yes, I know.  I am working on a bibliography - that was why I did the
MSC2000 and PACS work earlier.  I wanted to have the "final" Axiom
system in place and integrate my bibliography properly with that.  As
you know we don't (yet) have a final solution to that, and I tried to
push towards something that could be a final solution before building
my final bibliography.  Unfortunately, in all that, I didn't get proper
references into the units paper yet.  As I said earlier it's
unfinished, and when it IS finished it will be properly cited.

> That critisism is, however, not my main concern now.
>
> In section 4.2.2 I read
>
> [u1]<U>
> [u1]<U>
>
> [u1]<U>   [u1]          1
> [u2]<U>   [u2]      f(u1,u2)
>
> The latter <U>^2 must be a spelling error. If you really mean that,
> then I cannot follow anymore. Shouldn't it be <1>?

Er, yes - that's a typo.  Thanks for spotting it!

CY