Re: [Axiom-developer] Debian build failure

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Debian build failure
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:22:09 +0200

I don''t really understand, what you mean here. In Makefile.pamphlet I read in section

\subsection{Write the Makefile stanzas for the bootstrap files}

the following text:

Finally we output two lines:
\begin{verbatim}
${MID}/vector.spad.pamphlet: ${IN}/vector.spad.pamphlet
${TANGLE} -R"VECTOR.lsp BOOTSTRAP" ${IN}/vector.spad.pamphlet >${MID}/VECTOR.lsp
\end{verbatim}

So findAlgebraFiles does NOT write any .lsp file. It writes Makefile stanzas to stdout. If you want .lsp files you must say

make ${MID}/vector.lsp

BTW. If you carefully compare the generated lines in the Makefile and the above verbatim text then you realize that the target is something like

${MID}/vector.lsp

and not

${MID}/vector.spad.pamphlet

so the script does better than the documentation.

Ralf