Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:43:06 -0500

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:
> Someone, peopel seems to interpret allowing Axiom to be built if latex
> is not present as making Axiom non-literate.

(Some "if"s, I know.)
If being built refers to being built by people who might make changes
(others will eventually use pre-built binaries, I would guess) and if
part of literate programming is being able to produce nice typeset
documentation, wouldn't building without typesetting encourage
literate bit-rot?

> I highly suspect that is a religiously mis-representation of what
> literate programming is.

What is it, then?

Jay