Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 13:32:26 -0400

Gaby,

 I knew this part was going to be taken in another context, and by no means
 I tried to underestimate the work you are doing. Plus, I do recall your email
 explaining that you did not want waste time testing on systems, when you
 could focus on your research or teaching.

Here is a concrete proposal for you:  get subscribed at SF (if you're
not already) and install latex on all the non-linux systems they have
and do the testings on all of those hosts, send the build log back to me.

  I guess your point with this assignment is to show me how difficult it is. By no
  means I wanted to say this was trivial. But if that helps with the great work you are
  doing, I would be more than glad. But I am curious, couldn't be latex be avoided for
  testing purposes, and then have it as a requirement later on??? (do latex to build the
  documentation).

   But again what do I know. But if you read the thread again it looked like developers
   clashing over ideas, which is normal until it gets to point similar to Matthew Garrett
   resignation from Debian.

   I apologize if my comment was wrongly interpreted.

   Regards,

   Jose Alfredo Perez