RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: cross-compiling Axiom

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: cross-compiling Axiom
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:25:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Bill Page wrote:

| > Sorry, I've little time for quibbling.
|
| You originally raised the issue, claiming that this prevents
| the inclusion of Axiom in major Linux distributions. If this
| is just a "quibble", then that is quite unfortunate for Axiom.
|
| I find your non-analytic, confrontational manner about this
| issue to be rather surprising, given that you obviously
| understand and are contributing to the solution of a lot of
| other more important issues. I suppose this prompts me to
| reply in a like manner. I am sorry for that. :(

I'm quite disappointed by the very manner you approach this issue.

I've bee made aware the Axiom build issue and started work on it.
With the goal of eventually having a system that can be cross-compiled.

You started out a few days ago claiming that anybody who speaks of
cross-compilation of Axiom does not understand who Lisp works.
If your assertion were true, it would effectively stop fruitless work
in early stage and save reousrces.

Therefore, I very politely requested that you elaborate in a
comprehensive manner why you believe that.  You very have consistently
refused to explain yourself.  I've offered examples.  You either
dismiss them, or turn around.  And now, you complain I'm
non-analytical and confrontational.  That IS disppointing.

Please either explain yourself or let's stop this nonsense.