Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:40:12 +0200

Hi Bill,

somehow you are contradicting yourself.

So please tell me what filetypes should keep/get the

svn:eol-style=native

property (ie change to native line endings at checkout).

Actually my understanding is that if we remove the svn:eol-style
properties from all files and set that as the default, then
SVN will just leave all the files alone.

In a previous mail

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-09/msg00294.html

you suggested:

>> I think it would be better to be selective and leave the
>> svn:eol-style property as set on the text files.

I've already locally modified the eol-style and was just about to commit. The following files and extensions are left with the "native" eol-style set.

I believe it is OK if they are left as text files and change the line-endings.

In particular, I would like to see it for .pamphlet files. It gives a terrible mess if some windows user changes ONE line in a file, commits the thing and I run a diff to the previous version and see that ALL lines have changed.

The copyright files...
  .AXIOM
  .B
  .BULL
  .CC
  .CCL
  .EAY
  .FSF
  .NOWEB
  .RAND
  .SMC

Some other obvious text files.
I actually don't understand why in the repository is anything else than pamphlets. I can understand .fig, .jpg, .png or such files, but not .lisp, .tex, .sty, .text, .h. Maybe .booklet is special.

Any reason why there are such non-pamphlets?

  .H1 <-------- I am not sure about that one. Looks like a .h file.
  .booklet
  .h
  .lisp
  .pamphlet
  .patch
  .sty
  .tex
  .text

  CHANGELOG
  ChangeLog
  Makefile
  README

  axiom
  configure
  document
  showdvi

These files are probably not needed anymore...
  boxhead
  boxtail
  boxup

From CVSROOT