Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN on sourceforge
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:53:20 +0200

Hi,

 >>3) Checkout a fresh copy of silver/trunk.
 >>4) Copy all source files from --patch-50 to silver/trunk.
 >>5) Commit the change.
 >>   My wild guess is that svn only commits the files that actually
 >>   differ from the repository. I hope that svn does not take the
 >>   copy date into account.

I have just done...

cd $Gold
find . -type f ! -regex '.*\.arch-ids.*' ! -regex '.*{arch}.*' \
     ! -regex '.*\.patch' ! -exec cmp {} $Silver/trunk/axiom/{} ';' \
     -exec cp {} $Silver/trunk/axiom/{} ';'
cd $Silver/trunk
svn commit

Committed revision 137.

As you see, I have left out the .patch files, since they appeared to be without the strange \r\n endings in the SVN repository.

Could someone check whether a windows checkout of Gold and Silver agrees. (Maybe it does not, since I haven't deleted all the svn:eol-style properties.) The binaries should be correct, however, under Windows and Linux.

Still to do...

Remove the binary property from the .pamphlet files. I did not do it since the binary bit is set for those files in my Gold checkout and I wanted SF/trunk to be in sync with Gold (up to this patches-49-50 directory).

Any suggestions what to do here? Binary bits should be removed in Gold-to-be and Silver at the same time.

Maybe ... remove the svn:eol-style property from ALL files? BTW, what is tla doing with respect to text files? And can sourceforge prevent people from committing textfiles that contain \r\n?

Ralf