Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: Re: SAGE

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: Re: SAGE
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:44:18 -0400

 Hi Enrique,

Hi,

...sorry for the delay.

Well, I downloaded the CD and tried it on my laptop and it didn't
work, but then I tried it on my desktop computer and it did!

  Sorry to hear that you had problems.

I think its a great thing to have and to distribute, although I had serious
problems mounting my USB drive and my HDD (I wasn't able to do it at
all) by some issues with user priviliges.

  I assume that your HDD has windows and a NTFS partition. I will look into
  these problems.

  You can always also do "sudo su" to become root and mount devices, but
   this should be working automatically...my bad :-( .

I don't know if its because
I'm a complete Lunix morron, or just because there is really and
issue. Well.

  Not you are not :-). Your feedback right now is one of the most important
  things to improve Doyen.

Anyway, its too bad that it doesn't work with my laptop! I guess it
has to do with the compatibility of the Linux live CD with my
laptop...its a relatively old Dell (Latitude CPi), which even has some
issues running the Knoppix live CD. I put the CD in and it doesn't
even start loading,

  That puzzles me. Never seem it breaking at that point...one of the things is
  that Fedora version works better with certain machines...Knoppix on others.

   I would really appreciate if you can do something for me. Download this iso:

   http://daly.axiom-developer.org/doyen/doyen04262005.iso

   Let me know if it boots up properly on your laptop. That is a version based
   Knoppix. We could add Sage to it.

   Regards,

   Alfredo