RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:00:10 -0500

On Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:23 PM Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga wrote:

> Martin Rubey wrote:
>
> > WOW, that's cool! Axiom on the Mac!
> >

> I have PowerPC and Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 with fink, and
> I'd like to try building axiom on them as well.

Great!

> Are these changes in the build-improvements branch?

No, not everything is in build-improvements yet - give us a few
more hours. :-)

In the mean time I would be very interested if you could start
by just trying to buiuld the gcl lisp compiler. This is a pre-
requiste for the Axiom build. You can get the version we will be
using in build-improvements directly from the gcl CVS archive via
the command line:

$ cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl -z9 export \
  -Dtoday -d gcl-2.6.8pre -r Version_2_6_8pre gcl

and then do

$ cd gcl-2.6.8pre
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
$ make

Ask if you need mor details. Let us know how it works.

Thanks.