Re: [Axiom-developer] Maintainers

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Maintainers
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 03:41:52 -0500

> A single point of failure is when we have only one person
>
>   (1) that has authority to approve and apply changes to the main source,
>   (2) make official realeases.

That is a single point of control, not a single point of failure.
Axiom has a single point of control, one per branch and one per
silver and gold.

>    When that single person becomes unavailable temporarily or forever,
>    the project is stalled.

I don't recall that everyone was required to stop development.

> Do you want to be remind you how late --patch-50 was?

And, indeed, life intervenes. The project was not stalled though
because I spent time getting a hundred copies of Axiom built and
handed out at the ISSAC conference. The result of this time gained
us (hopefully) access to Manuel's work and a few other connections
to other people in our target audience.