Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:20:54 -0500

> | files created during build process, but version from repo is referenced
> | form Makefiles ('src/algebra/libdb.text' is unused in build-improvements):
> |  src/algebra/libdb.text
> |  src/hyper/pages/ht.db
> |  src/share/algebra/gloss.text
>
> those "clearly" are bugs.  We should reference those created during
> the build process.  And those from repo should go away.

exact memory fails me but i believe the libdt.text might contain
the command completion list of clef. the fact that it is not currently
used might be that i never got around to connecting it.

gloss.text is supposed to be an automated glossary for the original
axiom book. i don't believe i ever picked that up when i recreated
the book.

there is another bit of functionality to recover. axiom had a
'javadoc' functionality which creates per-domain/cat/pkg documentation
in single page format. i have a printed pile containing such info.
unfortunately the command to create it only ran on the mainframe
so i can find no surviving record of the code.

ulitmately these files had some purpose in the system which might
still remain to be recovered. removing them won't hurt anything but
it might be interesting to investigate why they exist.