Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:24:06 -0500

> | generated documentation files:
> |
> |  src/doc/bookvol1.pdf
>
> this call is slighlty harder.  We don't generate PDFs at the moment
> (but we should), and this is a copy of a book already published.  So
> the question is how "authentic" we want the copy in SVN to be.
> Personnaly, I would go for its complete deletion, augment the build
> machinery to generate PDF for documentation.  (I'm planning to put in
> the PDF generatin anyway).

the pdf differs from the sources. the pdf is an exact copy of the
published book as printed with the ISBN. there have been patches
applied to the sources which people have submitted so the sources
differ marginally, thus it is not possible to recreate the pdf
unless you go into the archive and fetch the unpatched sources.