Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: 08 Nov 2006 03:33:33 +0100

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > In the mean time, I think just renaming axiom.sty as Waldek
| > suggested is not so confusing, given the discussion in the rest
| > of this thread. Maybe instead of 'axiom-sty.pamphlet' something
| > like 'axiom-latex.pamphlet' might be a better name with
| > <<axiom.sty>= and possibly other latex-related chunks collected
| > in a single pamphlet file.
|
| I agree that LP suggests to think in terms of logical units for
| humans, but on the other hand I am still a bit old-fashioned (and
| maybe also human), since I would have hard times to look in the file
| system for the place of a particular file (which is hidden in a
| .pamphlet file with another name). In that sense pamphlet files would
| not fit me as a human. Maybe I should change ... ;-)

The LP idea, and the pamphlet files by implication, works beautifully
when you get everything right from the start and you don't have to
look under the hood (e.g. debugging, etc.).  By definition, if you're
not using it for an evolving system -- which by definition is buggy.
By the minutes you have to deal also with the generated and
intermediate files, it becomes very very messy.

Fire!