Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: 07 Nov 2006 23:38:59 +0100

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| this _is_ alredy broken by many files (in 'src/hyper') when we
| have
|
| file.pamphlet -> file.c
|
| or
|
|                /-> file.h
| file.pamphlet -|
|                \-> file.c

I considered that some time ago.

However, I must confess: file.h and file.c, to my mind, forms a
logical unit.  Consequently I think of file.pamphlet as that logical
unit be described.  I see no logical problem or exception that from
that logical unit, different sub-units are extracted to be processed by
the same tool (the C compiler).
Consequently, I'm not convinced that it can be used an evidence for
the axiom.sty treatment.

| I agree that you proposal is logical, but it is also clumsy: .pamphlet
| extension is already pretty long and sticking on it another extension
| will give very long files names.

I agree that the .pamphlet is clumsy, and we should not sacrifice
logic.

I would like to understand more Ralf's suggestion, because I got
the impression that we already implemented what he is suggesting (but
apparently no).