Re: [Axiom-developer] ENV

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] ENV
Date: 23 Nov 2006 00:25:09 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

| > | An excellent point. Except that none of the makefiles in the axiom
| > | tree are designed to be executed "standalone".
| >
| > The old broken makefiles were designed that way.  Yes.
|
| So, let me get this straight....

OK.

[...]

ENV was not chosen by me.  I would not have left a prefix variable
definition in the Makefiles if I had redesigned everything to completion.

| And this is the fault of "the old broken makefiles"?

I don't know whether it is their fault, but since they are already
broken, they just show another aspect of their brokenness.  I don't
know whether an attribute can be credited as a fault.