RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements on cygwin

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements on cygwin
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:25:28 -0500

On November 28, 2006 12:06 PM Alfredo Portes wrote:

> > $ svk list /mirror/axiom
> > branches/
> > silver/
> > tags/
> > trunk/
>
> In google, what is trunk and what is silver??? Isn't one of them
> redundant? Sorry I lost track of the new schema for the repos.

'silver' is supposed to be an exact mirror of Tim's axiom--silver--1
repository.

'trunk' is the original trunk from the SourceForge SVN which was
copied from patch-50 with a few updates that were applied directly
to SVN but not backported to axiom--silver--1.

After the recent dispute over managing these repositories, I am
not certain of the status of these on SourceForge. The last
comment I recall from Tim was that he was bringing axiom-silver--1
up-to-date (and thus also 'silver' SVN at SourceForge because
there is a robot process that mirrors his changes) and that he
now considered 'silver' also up-to-date, so yes probably 'trunk'
is now redundant.

But because of the space problems on Google I am not certain that
the Google versions of these are identical to the SourceForge
versions.

In short the Google repository is a mess. We should probably
wipe it and try to start again. If you are inclined to help with
this, probably the best thing would be to contact Ben and discuss
it with him. Maybe he would be willing to manually re-populate
the Google repository again.