RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements on cygwin

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements on cygwin
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:28:00 -0500

On Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:00 PM Gaby wrote:

> Ben Collins-Sussman writes:
> | I can reset the google repository to revision 0 if you'd like.
>
> That would be very much appreciated.
>
> Bill, before your mirror to the next new repo, please let me
> make sure that we don't store gcl and noweb as .tar.gz anymore.

Yes, we discussed this previously and I had agreed to commit a
change so that both gcl and noweb appear as source in a new 'tools'
directory. I am sorry that I have not yet had time to do this.
I now think we should do this at the same time as merging silver
and trunk so that we can completely get rid of the zips directory.

But of course this is not the real cause of the disk space problems
which is really the duplication that you identified in your previous
message - it just makes it a bit worse.

So as a first step I will temporarily disable the cron job that runs
the 'svk smerge' to Google. Ok?

But I am still concerned that even after we get things cleaned up
in the SourceForge SVN, then we should not depend on 'svk smerge'
to initially re-populate the repository at Google since that is
likely to cause excessive disk space utilization again. However
I think that once populated via 'svnadmin load', using svk smerge
is probably ok provided I don't decide to do something stupid again...