RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: newrule from metalex.lisp

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: newrule from metalex.lisp
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:48:29 +0200

Hi,

There should be only one parse - for sure. The old one does
not support rules for the interpreter. The bootstrap of
the old parser generator is another difficulty. With at least
the possibility to use Aldor as the new compiler there
are quite a few arguments in favor of the new parser. It is
similar in style to the boot translator.

A few years ago I made an argument in favor of the
old parser on this mailing list -- as the one doing the
boot translation, the interpreter parsing and the
parsing for the SPAD compiler. But the code seems to be
quite fragile. In the mean time I think the new
parse could be the better solution.

Regards

Juergen Weiss

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407