axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] mathaction

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] mathaction
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:27:48 -0700

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> *If* we continue to maintain two different environments
> like this, then I think the most natural progression would be
> for some things to be developed *first* in the more open
> and less structured MathAction wiki environment, and then
> if they have a more lasting relevance, to move into the
> Axiom Portal Plone environment for longer term access and
> management.

I do not think there is any advantage in maintaining both a plone and
non-plone wiki.  It confuses users.  On the other hand, it should be
possible to copy or link wiki pages from one folder to another...and
present both interfaces for one set of pages.

In Plone there is often confusion as to where exactly users can write
latex, axiom, or reduce code (since there are so many document/object
types).  But Plone is more powerful, if users are organized by an
effective manager.

Keeping both interfaces might be useful, but they should not have the
same content.  Personally, I think a Plone site should be managed as a
semi-professional face for Axiom.  A wiki can be maintained as a place
for users to "play", but should not contain official documentation.

As you know, moving documents from one to the other is trivial if
someone writes something great in the "play" area.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.