axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] mathaction

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] mathaction
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:05:00 +0000

David MENTRE writes:
 > Hello Martin,
 >
 > Martin Rubey <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > >   - it would be great if these pages would be *identical* to the pamphlet
 > >     files. It should be possible, shouldn't it? Maybe you could make a new
 > >     style called "pamphlet", which produces LaTeX in the background using
 > > the
 > >     "document" command and then applies "latex2html"? This way, we could
 > > move
 > >     the complete src/algebra directory at once into the wiki!
 >
 > I probably not understood everything but I think you need a second
 > translator to transform the edited html wiki into latex code, no?

No, it wouldn't. I propose the following:

What you see in the form is the original pamphlet file.

Pressing "Save" (depending on the language, of course) invokes a modified
"document" command from the axiom distribution, which does not produce the spad
file and instead of invoking "latex", it invokes "latex2html".

The produced html is displayed, if there were no errors, otherwise you should
be thrown back to the edit form, and get the error messages displayed.

Of course, usually you would grab the pamphlet as a whole, modify it on your
local computer and than paste it back. Even better would be the possibility to
upload a complete pamphlet file.

Bill, you said you are working on this. Did you encounter problems? If you
manage to set it up today, I'd spend part of the weekend working on mathaction!

Martin