ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] version numbers after feature freeze

From: maloney
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] version numbers after feature freeze
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:47:46 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday 18 January 2003 07:11, Philip S Tellis wrote:
> As far as CVS goes... what do you think about creating a branch for each
> release?  We can then work on adding new features to the HEAD branch,
> while doing bugfixes only in the version branch.
>
> Bug fixes can be merged in to HEAD.

Hi guys.  I usually tag all the releases [ayttm-0-2-1], then only branch if
there are issues to be resolved in that version.  [As an aside, I see that
the previous versions haven\'t been tagged, so they cannot be recreated...]

Cheers,
        Andy

P.S.  I have been following along this week - I\'ve just been swamped at work.
You give the users a program and they actually want features added to it!!

P.P.S. Sorry if this email doesn\'t thread properly - I\'m having sendmail
config
problems [something like \"I don\'t know what the hell I\'m doing\" :-)]