ayttm-devel

[Ayttm-devel] version numbers after feature freeze

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: [Ayttm-devel] version numbers after feature freeze
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:41:48 +0530 (IST)

I think once we code freeze we should change version numbers

VERSION=0.2.1

and start pre releases

RELEASE=pre-1, pre-2, pre-3... etc.

That way out distribution tarball and RPM will always be version 0.2.1
after the feature freeze.

This is of course just one of those things that pops into my head.

As far as CVS goes... what do you think about creating a branch for each
release?  We can then work on adding new features to the HEAD branch,
while doing bugfixes only in the version branch.

Bug fixes can be merged in to HEAD.

Someone will have to figure out how to do all this.

Philip