ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] version numbers after feature freeze

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] version numbers after feature freeze
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:57:51 +0100

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:47:46 +0100 (CET) address@hidden wrote:

Hi \Andy ;-)

> On Saturday 18 January 2003 07:11, Philip S Tellis wrote:
> > As far as CVS goes... what do you think about creating a branch for
> > each release?  We can then work on adding new features to the HEAD
> > branch, while doing bugfixes only in the version branch.
> >
> > Bug fixes can be merged in to HEAD.
>
> Hi guys.  I usually tag all the releases [ayttm-0-2-1], then only branch
> if there are issues to be resolved in that version.

I'm ok to tag releases - that is not a big deal. But branching to bugfix
old releases seems like much hassle for not much - we're only 3 developers
in this project! Bugs will be fixed anyway, and upgrading will be
necessary (branches or not), so I don't think this is such a good idea...

> [As an aside, I see that the previous versions haven\'t been tagged, so
> they cannot be recreated...]

Right I forgot :( I'll do it tomorrow, promised.

> P.S.  I have been following along this week - I\'ve just been swamped at
> work. You give the users a program and they actually want features added
> to it!!

World would be quieter without users ;-)

> P.P.S. Sorry if this email doesn\'t thread properly - I\'m
> having sendmail config problems [something like \"I don\'t know what the
> hell I\'m doing\" :-)]

Actually, you have a magic-quotes-related problem on php too ;-)
Try postfix, it's cool...

--
Colin
panic("IRQ, you lose...");