bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne as VoIP gateway

From: Camilo Arboleda
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne as VoIP gateway
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:10:22 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

Yesterday I sent a similar question to savannah, but I
thint it was not clear.

I'm looking for a PTSN/VoIP gateway, and I've been
looking at serveral Free/Open Source projects to start
at. I found bayonne very interesting because of the
scripting language.

I've been reading bayonne source code for two months
now, and I have understood some things about its
design and architecture. But the code is complex and
not well-documented. There are a lot of things I don't
understand and it would be great if someone gives me
some enlightenment.

Now, the actual questions:

As far as I understand currently it is not possible to
use bayonne as gateway, and it seems like there is not
an easy way to do it.. Am I right?

Does the current bayonne architecture support some
kind of inter-bayonne communication?

Does the current desing allow easy integration of
gateway capabilities?

Has any work been done in these area?

I have some ideas on how to implement a gateway using
bayonne, but I don´t want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks a lot for your help

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda.