bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne Globalcall TASKFAIL and TRUNK_CALL_FAILURE

From: Julien Chavanton
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne Globalcall TASKFAIL and TRUNK_CALL_FAILURE
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:09:02 -0500

Hi David,

I am looking to modify TRUNK_CALL_FAILURE in bayonne globalcall since this is currently handled as a disconnection.

It was not that bad but most of the time this is not enough.

And we loose port, only when there is a TASKFAIL that is really caused by the Dialogic drivers.

The main source of TASKFAIL is abandon calls and short calls the Dialogic drivers are not capable of handling this automatically and this result in TASKFAIL

The only problem I think is that the script may be left attached and the next call will fail to attach.

Here is what I have in mind:

globalcall/driver.cpp

case GCEV_TASKFAIL

            event.id = TRUNK_CALL_FAILURE;

            trunk->postEvent(&event);

            gc_ResetLineDev(linedev, EV_ASYNC);

            break;

globalcall/trunk.cpp

case TRUNK_CALL_FAILURE:

                // We need to prepare Bayonne for recovery of next call

                Trunk::detach();

                if(join)

                        Part();

                if(tgi.pid)

                        ::kill(tgi.pid, SIGHUP);

                if(thread)

                        thread->stop();

                Trunk::flags.dsp = DSP_MODE_INACTIVE;

More information about TASKFAIL if any interest:

How to Handle GCEV_TASKFAIL Events (However I have made some test and I am not sure about this article complete accuracy)

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/tnotes/tnbyos/2000/tn061.htm

You can find information about abandon calls here:

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/releases/winnt/SR511FP1/onldoc/htmlfiles/gcprgdw/gc-sta15.htm