bibledit-development

Re: [be] Raw text/Discover markup: Great tool

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Raw text/Discover markup: Great tool
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:51:59 +0200

Hi Wolfgang,

Our typists prepare for an existing Bible to be revised. This is the Bible in the Union Shona language. The idea is to have the typists type the text because the existing Shona Bible is not available in electronic format. It was made long back. The typists type it once, then it gets imported into Bibledit, and then remains there, all revisions are done within Bibledit.

Phil has another interesting approach at present. He has text in Bibledit, then exports it to GoogleDocs. His team works in GoogleDocs, and once they are through he imports their text back into Bibledit.

Regards,

Teus.

Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
Hi Teus,

This is a very interesting approach to create USFM texts. The inserting of verse-numbers and other markers is not an easy thing. - Translation Editor does not use templates with pre-builtin versenumbers (to be added after a section has been translated)
- OurWord uses a chosen translation to use the same formatting.
It would be interesting to compare with 'ordinary typists/(translators), which is the easierst way for them to type.

By the way, what do you mean with 'text to be revised':
- Does the typist type whole books from scretch?
- Or do you export books from BE to let him do revisions with a simple text editor?
- or ...

Greetings
Wolfgang

Teus Benschop wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

It is a great tool indeed. We use it in a new project where typists type the text of the Bible to be revised, then it gets imported through the unstructured text import. I saw your remarks on Savannah.

Teus.

Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
Hi Teus,
The tool File/Project/Import/Unstructered Text/Discover markup is a great tool, which can save quite a bit of time in converting raw text to USFM.
I add some remarks to Savannah/Tasks.

Greetings
Wolfgang