bibledit-general

RE: [be] Problem installing on Windows XP Pro

From: johnduffy
Subject: RE: [be] Problem installing on Windows XP Pro
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:32:15 +0100

Hi Birch,

Thanks for putting those instructions there.  However, while they are helpful to someone who isn't too familiar with PCs or installing software much, I had done that as a matter of course.  The problem that I had was after clicking on the setup.vbs file and starting the installer, where the installer could not proceed, with the error message "Windows cannot open the device or file specified", and after some general error text referred to error code 2755.

Is there an previous revision that I could try, or a logging procedure to see what file is causing the problem?

I'm still not sure what the reference to msysgit means - should I have installed this before trying to install as you have outlined?

John Duffy