bibledit-general

Re: [be] Re: [LinuxUser] Cloud Computing and Bible Translation

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Re: [LinuxUser] Cloud Computing and Bible Translation
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:53:03 +0200

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 11:56 +0200, David Gardner wrote:
> So it is rare for a week to go by with no internet problems, and some days
> are the network comes and goes every hour or so.  It's bad enough to loose
> a skype call when the net goes away, or to loose access to on-line
> dictionaries, but I really wouldn't like to be mid-edit when things  go
> down...

Where we work here in Africa the Internet connection is on most of the
time, but at times it is down. And even if the Internet connection
works, the speed is not always what it should be for working comfortably
if the translation environment were online. For that reason nobody
should be required to work online, and an off-line option should be
offered. And this is what is going to be done. The system is going to be
so flexible that people can choose to have an online version only, an
off-line version only, or a mix of both. Teus.