bibledit-general

Re: [be] bibledit-bibletime-1.1 error

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] bibledit-bibletime-1.1 error
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:21:51 +0200

> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `*.1', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

Sorry, it is my fault. It has been fixed, not only in package
bibledit-bibletime, but also in bibledit-xiphos, which suffered from the
same problem. The new tarballs will be uploaded within days to their
usual locations, and are available for immediate access here:

http://bibleconsultants.dyndns.org/downloads/temporal/

> Does anyone know if the crosswire ppa may update its bibledit
> packages sometime to include bibledit-bibletime? I had thought
> that reference

May I look at you Jonathan, for the request that was made for packages
for bibledit-bibletime? I know your time is limited though. If there
would be time, it would be nice if also bibledit-xiphos could be
packaged, and also both packages for Debian.

Both of these packages ensure that Xiphos and BibleTime scroll to the
passage that Bibledit-Gtk and Bibledit-Web display.

There are similar programs for BibleWorks, for Paratext and related, and
for the Online Bible. But these programs are for Windows, thus may not
need to be packaged, but can be installed on Windows or on Linux through
wine or cxoffice.
See http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/bibledit/binaries/

Thanks for finding the error, Daniel, and providing the opportunity to
discuss this as it is new to many I believe.

Teus.