bibledit-general

Re: [be] bibledit-bibletime-1.1 error

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] bibledit-bibletime-1.1 error
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:37:17 +0200

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 11:01 -0500, Daniel Owens wrote:
> ...from Bibledit ->
> Bibletime. Is it supposed to go the other way too as it did previously?

No, it is not supposed to work the other way round as it did previously.
This functionality has been lost.

> For now I will just work with BibleTime 2.5 since it works for my
> purposes. I did run dbus-monitor, but I wasn't sure how to capture the
> output because it refreshes so often. I may send a note to the BibleTime
> developers and ask about dbus.

Indeed, there are a lot of messages going through the dbus, and it is
difficult to capture this specific message. Easiest is to just let it
stabilize, and then switch to another verse in Bibledit-Gtk. Then the
last message on the screen of dbus-monitor would be the one to look for.
It contains something like this:

method call sender=:1.736 -> dest=info.bibletime.BibleTime serial=11
path=/BibleTime; interface=info.bibletime.BibleTime;
member=syncAllVerseBasedModules
   string "Luke.3.2"
method return sender=:1.735 -> dest=:1.736 reply_serial=11

But one needs to look straight after going to another verse in
Bibledit-Gtk, because else subsequent messages will scroll this one off
the screen.

Teus