bibledit-general

Re: [be] new computer -- now what?

From: Kahunapule Michael Johnson
Subject: Re: [be] new computer -- now what?
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:24:50 -1000

On 07/19/2013 10:58 AM, Brian Wilson wrote:
Hi.

I have shifted to a brand new computer (mac) and installed and uninstalled bibledit via macports in order to have all of the dependencies in place. Then I cloned the git repository and built that. However, when trying to start bibledit-gtk I get the following error message.

bibledit-gtk

(bibledit-gtk:37690): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

It is probably something really stupid, but I can't seem to locate the executable bin file and its path.

Brian

I'm not sure what to do about that. I run Bibledit on my Mac by "cheating" and running Ubuntu Linux in a virtual machine. That works great. Still, it should be possible to use Bibledit with macports... I just haven't done it, yet.

--

Aloha,
Kahunapule Michael Johnson

You may donate online at mpj.cx/give or