bibledit-general

Re: [be] new computer -- now what?

From: Brian Wilson
Subject: Re: [be] new computer -- now what?
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 06:49:16 -0700

Solved --
Thank you folks. It was x11. When I installed xcode, I noticed an x11 app that installed, but apparently it is only for development. I needed to install the xquarts app located here http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/ . So we're back in business.

Thank you.

Brian

--------------------------------
And so the visitor turned sadly away, thinking for what miserable messes of pottage men and women are willing to sell their glorious birthright as children of God. -- Ellen White.

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM, David Gardner <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 01:58:25PM -0700, Brian Wilson wrote:

> bibledit-gtk
>
> (bibledit-gtk:37690): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

This means that the environment variable  DISPLAY isn't set properly, or
you don't have X installed/running at all (macs don't always, from what
I've read).
on linux you'd probably want to type
export DISPLAY=:0
bibledit-gtk