biborb-general

Re: [Biborb-general] upcoming 1.2 release

From: Adrian P. Ireland
Subject: Re: [Biborb-general] upcoming 1.2 release
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:05:48 +0000

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 07:15:54PM +0100, Guillaume Gardey wrote:
> hi,
>
> first thanks a lot for your comments. I think biborb should be ready
> for a 1.2 release soon.
>
> I have put a new CVS version
> (http://perso.numericable.fr/~ggardey/biborb-CVS.tar.gz) with minor
> changes:
>       * icons for all possible actions on an entry (abstract, ps, pdf ....)
>       * the "title" feature over icons
>       * online documentation
I downloaded this, VERY NICE!!
Again I fiddled around with a few of my bibs for a short time and had
no problems.

> I have also added a CONFIG file to detail some undocumented features of
> biborb (choose between icons or text, use authentication, always
> display abstract or not).
>
> Concerning the look, I think that style.css is a good template...just
> need some documentation. :)
I think you are about ready to release 1.2.

Perhaps an announcement in comp.text.tex would be worthwhile, I have
seen a few posts there about web based interfaces to BiBTeX.

I have changed about index_welcome.txt for you to slightly improve the
documentation. I will attach that and you can look at it and use it if
you think it is an improvement, or file it in the trash can if you dont.

> Guillaume
Kind regards,

Adrian