biborb-general

Re: [Biborb-general] BibOrb 1.2

From: Feiyi Wang
Subject: Re: [Biborb-general] BibOrb 1.2
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:43:56 -0500

Here are some random comments on using 1.2 and feature suggestions for next release. (A good release nonethless)

- when add an new entry, the fields used by biborb (display/hide) are rightly aligned; but if you modify an existing entry, not so anymore for the hided fields.

- The article id seems to be a editable field, but it is not really editable (system show you empty message); why show it editable?

- I also found (maybe just me) article id plus a bunch of icons/text) are visually *distracting* when I browse large number of entries;

I would like to suggest to move it to the end of each entry (to the right); Within the string, move article ID to the end, may even an option to hide the display of article ID. The primary reason is that it is variable length, so it makes everything else jagged.

For similiar reasons, the pdf icon or text should be the next to the end since some entries don't have pdf attachment

- feature suggestion: ability to highlight an entry that has been added to the basket, right now, it refresh the display, but nothing happened

- feature suggestion: online backup. bibs entry are tedious to put in, nobody want to do it twice.

- feature suggestion: ability to edit raw bib entry.

Regards,

-Feiyi

Guillaume Gardey wrote:

That's it, I released the 1.2 version! I thank you all for your help and your suggestions.

Biborb is both available on the savannah project page and on http://perso.numericable.fr/~ggardey/biborb-1.2.tar.gz.

Now I will think of what could be added or modified in BibORB. If you have any ideas about its evolution for the next release or other one, don't hesitate. I will be happy to exchange on this subject.

I will be also happy to know about the way you are using BibOrb if you still use it :)

All the best

Guillaume