bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] tweaking a 3D shutter glasses

From: Joan Quintana
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] tweaking a 3D shutter glasses
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:17:54 +0200

2013/7/17 Frédéric Devernay <address@hidden>
Hi,

Which hardware configuration do you have? do other OpenGL programs work correctly? Maybe your graphics chip does not support the required OpenGL features

That's very interesting. It sure would be a nice contribution to Bino.

Did you use a VGA or a digital (DVI/HDMI) display?

Would you share your SDL code, your arduino code, and the arduino schematic?
Where did you trigger the arduino in the SDL code? right after the swapbuffer? if yes, then that would be where to put it in bino as well.
Did you use the samsung emitter or did you drive directly an IR LED?
If you managed to do it by driving an IR LED, that would be a great way to be compatible with all glasses around.
See a survey of IR glasses protocol at http://cmst.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/pubs/2011-17-woods-helliwell-3D-Sync-IR.pdf

Fred

Le 17 juil. 2013 à 16:18, Joan Quintana <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Two questions, please. First of all, I compiled bino from git source in my Ubuntu 12.04 laptop. It compiles successfully, but I can't watch any videos (though I can listen the audio stream). I tried different formats, different options. The video plays, but I can't see nothing. I will try bino 1.4.2 that maybe is more stable...
>
> I own a Samsung shutter glasses and I want to tweak with them. I want to drive shutter glasses interfacing the Bino C code with an arduino. I used to do this with a SDL code, but no video, just for viewing my stereo pictures. Now I want to try with video 3D. I have a video interlaced with left and right frames. In every change of frame I want to trigger a signal to arduino (suppose at this moment just a printf...) in order to sync my shutter glasses. I understant that I need to add some lines in the bino core code... But before studying all the bino source code some help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks Joan

Hi,
actually I'm on holyday and until september I can't do any research about these glasses.
My bino installation doesn't want to work. I think I have OpenGL libraries correctly installed. For instance, the little for testing 'gears' works perfect. My hardware is a laptop with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, so my screen is a VGA. I tested AVI, MOV amg MPEG formats. The audio stream sounds correctly, but no video at all. In september I can test with another laptop.

Thanks for the pdf, at this moment it's not my priority the IR protocol. I will wire directly the arduino pins with the polarized glasses, though a little of electronics are needed because arduino pins can't drive the change of polarization. I will search for simplicity, so at the moment I want just a wired solution.

I can share my SDL code an arduino sketch, but at this moment is not functional because the electronic part is not yet solved. To communicate the C program with the arduino sketch I used this library that I found easy to implement:
http://todbot.com/blog/2006/12/06/arduino-serial-c-code-to-talk-to-arduino/,