bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] dvb and dvd

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] dvb and dvd
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:38:38 +0100

Hi Jan,

> I would like ask if will be possible extend bongo for dvb
> and dvd playing?

This is already possible with the mplayer and VLC backends.
You just have to insert URIs with `dvb' or `dvd' schemes.
For DVB channels, use `dvb://channel-name'.  For DVDs, use
`dvd://track-number' (usually, you want `dvd://1').

To insert a URI in Bongo, use `i u'.

> If I use mplayer then I can as an play list insert
> channel.conf file and then choose tv or radio channel.

Then you should be able to play such files from Bongo, if you
just tell it that files named `channel.conf' should be played
with mplayer.  To do that, add the following

   (mplayer local-file . "^channel\\.conf$")

to `bongo-custom-backend-matchers'.  With your other entry,
that would mean `bongo-custom-backend-matchers' should contain
the following:

   ((mplayer (local-file "file:" "http:" "ftp:") "ts")
    (mplayer local-file . "^channel\\.conf$"))

What does such a `channel.conf' file look like, by the way?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>