bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Missing function bongo-copy

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Missing function bongo-copy
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:44:13 +0100

Hi Dieter,

> There is another "wish" I have: I made myself a long playlist of
> songs, which I want to hear.  Whenever I have time, I load that
> playlist, find the first unplayed song, and start from there.  When I
> have other things to do, I wait until the current song finishes
> playing (I hate truncated songs), which means that the next song
> already starts playing.  I then hit C-C C-s to stop playback, and want
> to save the playlist for the next time.  But the act of typing C-s C-s
> marks the current, just started song as already played. Would it be
> possible not to do this?

Good question.  You might try `C-u C-c C-s' or `1 C-c C-s'.

This brings two other things to mind:

 * We should have command for removing the played mark
   from a track.  Being a Gnus user, I suggest `M-u'.

 * The `bongo-start' command (`C-c C-s') should start
   playing the first _unplayed_ track.

The first of those two things actually brings a
third thing to mind:

 * We should bind `M-j' to `bongo-join' and `M-s'
   to `bongo-split', which reminds me...

 * We should rename `bongo-split' to `bongo-splice'.

Anyway, Dieter, please let us know if the commands I
suggested solve your problem.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>