bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Missing function bongo-copy

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Missing function bongo-copy
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:24:22 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Dieter,
>>
>>> There is another "wish" I have: I made myself a long playlist of
>>> songs, which I want to hear.  Whenever I have time, I load that
>>> playlist, find the first unplayed song, and start from there.  When I
>>> have other things to do, I wait until the current song finishes
>>> playing (I hate truncated songs), which means that the next song
>>> already starts playing.  I then hit C-C C-s to stop playback, and want
>>> to save the playlist for the next time.  But the act of typing C-s C-s
>>> marks the current, just started song as already played. Would it be
>>> possible not to do this?
>>
>> Good question.  You might try `C-u C-c C-s' or `1 C-c C-s'.
>
> C-u C-c C-s would work, but it means that I have to use the keyboard
> to type it, then wait until the song finishes, then use the keyboard
> again to save the playlist.  It might take a few moments to get used
> to this.

Actually, I guess another thing you could do is save and
kill the buffer before the last track finishes playing.

That's not very clean, however.  (Indeed, the fact that it
works should probably be regarded as a bug.)

> The above commands would solve my problem, but I still
> fail to see why C-c C-s has to mark a song as played, even
> if it has not yet finished playing.

Good point.

What if you type `C-c C-n', though?  I think that _should_
mark the skipped song as played.  Do you agree?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>