bontz-team

[Bontz-team] animation, re: mucka/realplayer

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] animation, re: mucka/realplayer
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

>[Chuck:]
> you are advocating i get realplayer!?!
> darn you!
> well i guess at least it isn't quicktime, .wmv, or
> .asf

Hey, I tried really hard to find an mpeg or something,
this is the only format I could find video of this
thing in.  I can't help it if the news station
covering Mucka's discovery uses stupid formats!  :^)

Before we get too offtopic, have you had any
opportunity to play with image loading and/or tile
stuff?  This is something you probably thought of a
long time ago, but, in the animation "info" files,
should we use your "image ID" idea from your tileset
proposal to avoid loading duplicate images?  For
instance say animations for Mucka jumping west and for
attacking west both happened to use frame
w/mucka0123.png (this is made up, but things like it
happen)  Should we elsewhere be tying some image ID to
that file and then in the info file just make two
references to that ID, or would we be able to make the
sprite engine smart enough to automatically deal with
duplicate filenames, or what?

Doesn't matter to me how you want to go about doing
that, just something that went through my head when I
was replacing Mucka with the new Furgason in the demo.