cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] [RELEASE] Parrot 007: Secret Agent Bird

From: Melvin Smith
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] [RELEASE] Parrot 007: Secret Agent Bird
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:16:06 -0400

At 02:03 PM 7/19/2002 -0400, Pat Eyler wrote:
It looks like another big jump in functionality ... it may be time to
start doing something serious with cardinal.  The question is what to do
and how to organize it.

I'm not a Ruby guy, but I'd expect the best place to start would
be the YACC definition in parse.y from Ruby source code. Get a working
parser going even if it does nothing but check syntax, then take it a step
at a time. Instead of using all of the support routines I would just trim
out the BNF grammar and start from there.

-Melvin