certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Where to store libHLA tests?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Where to store libHLA tests?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:00:35 +0100

2008/11/4 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> Hi Eric and all,
> shouldn't HLA_TestsSuite be more structured?

Yes may be, we did go for a "flat" no structure storage in order to take time
to create appropriate structure (if needed).

We did that mainly because we are using CVS for which directory are
not versioned, so it's just painful to rename or remove a directory using CVS.

> Currently it stores C++ tests.

Yes, I would say that HLA_TestsSuite should store RTI agnostic
integration tests.
(but this may be extended and/or structured)

> I stored Python related tests under PyHLA (to not mix these two languages),
> but now I don't know where to store libHLA tests, that are in C++ but are
> not RTI related.

I would say that "unit test" should go somewhere near the code they belongs
in the libHLA case, may be in a new

libHLA/tests directory?

> I'm not sure if "put all in HLA_TestsSuite" is the right solution in this
> case.

I would say it is not but I let you chose, and let other add more comments.

--
Erk