certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Java interface progress update number 3

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Java interface progress update number 3
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 23:47:58 +0100

2010/2/6 Andrej Pancik <address@hidden>:
> Hello Certi developers,
>
>  I am here with more news on Java interface! Please fasten you seat
> belts and prepare for ride :)
>
> Java interface now contains many new functions and features
> implemented since last release. It can be considered the beta stage as
> it has all the requested functionality. The code still lacks proper
> documentation and it can contain some bugs therefore tread carefully.
>
> LibRTI with CERTI is now able to run pretty complex federates written
> with standard SISO DLC API like this one:
> http://porticoproject.org/index.php?title=Example_HLA1.3_Java_Federate
> with little CERTI related modifications (e.g. it seems that CERTI's
> FED file parser does not allow minus in the name while Portico does).

May be you can open a bug report for this in the tracker.
It should be fairly easy to fix.

> I can not distribute the modified version as it would be unfortunately
> the violation of GPL license (I am afraid that the fact that I did try
> to modify it was violation as well :-( but the deed is done and the
> good news are that it works).

Why would you?
Just throw the modified file here on the list ?

> For demonstration I have ported two modified sample federates from
> PyHLA UavSend and UavReceive. These can cooperate nicely with original
> python ones.
>
> Things that might not work right now are DDM and Time management. They
> are, however, implemented in obvious way and I believe that with some
> testing they will not pose any problem (as long as CERTI itself
> handles them correctly :).

>From the [C++] certi side Time Management should be OK
do not expect too much concerning the DDM since we did not test
it lately :-(

> Proposed source patch:

> In order to be able to run this beta release you need to make
> following modifications to current CVS snapshot:

[...]
May be you can post a patch?

from the command line something like:

cvs diff -uR > certi-java.patch

should be ok to generate a valid patch.
You may attach the patch to the Java port tracker.

By the way for others, I'm working on massive clean-up
patch for Message_* in CERTI C++.
After the work is done Message_xxx will look pretty much
like Network_Message_xxx.

By the way
Nice work Andrej we are near to a usable Java Binding for CERTI

--
Erk
http://www.april.org