certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Java interface progress update number 3

From: Andrej Pancik
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Java interface progress update number 3
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 00:03:46 +0100

>> LibRTI with CERTI is now able to run pretty complex federates written
>> with standard SISO DLC API like this one:
>> http://porticoproject.org/index.php?title=Example_HLA1.3_Java_Federate
>> with little CERTI related modifications (e.g. it seems that CERTI's
>> FED file parser does not allow minus in the name while Portico does).
>
> May be you can open a bug report for this in the tracker.
> It should be fairly easy to fix.

Ok.

>> I can not distribute the modified version as it would be unfortunately
>> the violation of GPL license (I am afraid that the fact that I did try
>> to modify it was violation as well :-( but the deed is done and the
>> good news are that it works).
>
> Why would you?
> Just throw the modified file here on the list ?

Quoting from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html  "[CDDL]
has a copyleft with a scope that's similar to the one in the Mozilla
Public License, which makes it incompatible with the GNU GPL. This
means a module covered by the GPL and a module covered by the CDDL
cannot legally be linked together."
Portico example is covered by CDDL and if I understand that correctly
I just can not modify it or distribute with GPL code.

>> Proposed source patch:
>
>> In order to be able to run this beta release you need to make
>> following modifications to current CVS snapshot:
>
> [...]
> May be you can post a patch?

Ok. Will do that right away. Didn't know about that feature. Sorry for
inconvenience.

regards

Andrej Pancik