certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Running Portico example under CERTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Running Portico example under CERTI
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 14:00:03 +0200

2010/8/9 Ijperen, Jeroen van <address@hidden>:
> Isn't it the idea that the RTIG should send an AnnounceSynchronizationPoint
> (ASP) to the other federates after it receives an
> RegisterSynchronizationPoint (RSP)? From what I recall the RTIG does
> not/should not send RSP messages to the RTIA.

Yes that's the point it shouldn't but in this case it does because
multiple federates call RSP with the very same label name.

In fact in this case RTIG should reply with a
"Confirm Synchronization Point Registration" including "
with a negative value for
"Registration success indicator"

Currently a RTIinternal exception is raised somewhere during in the call stack
beginning at RTIG::processRegisterSynchronization
the exception bubble up to RTIG::processIncomingMessage which has
a "generic" error case handling which reply with the very same type of message
it has received and put
rep->setException(e_XXXX)
and send back the answer to RTIA.

> I can say that for RTI1516 this works correctly, and I don't think I adjusted
> anything for it...

Most probably because your federation is "well-behaving" wrt the RSP service.
I'll try a fix for this.
--
Erk
http://www.april.org