Re: [Chicken-users] (current-seconds) returning negative values

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] (current-seconds) returning negative values
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:01:55 +0100

Am Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:39:44 +0100 hat Joerg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> geschrieben:

Would that be more satisfactory?

I think this move is basically the only way.  But please Felix --
knowing your ressentiments towards SRFI 19, I'm nevertheless depending
on any documented and consistent way to express time&date in Askemos
-- at least don't break SRFI 19 compatibility.

I have no ressentiments towards SRFI-19. Only, the last time I looked, the
ref.impl. was horribly buggy and implementation-specific.

This makes me wondering, why my (modified wrt i18n, optional arguments
instead of global parameters) SRFI 19 implementation is not available
as egg or whatever.

Joerg, if you provide documentation, I will be *very* happy to provide
about everything as an egg.

This would require minor polishing, which I can't
do any time soon.  Whoever want to take care, find the code at
http://www.askemos.org:9080/srfi19-chicken.tar.gz (for a while, to be
removed at occasion).  BTW: I'm using SRFI 9 records for the time
types.

I'll take a look. Thanks for providing the code.