[Chicken-users] ObjC egg build problem

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: [Chicken-users] ObjC egg build problem
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:18:42 +0100

Hi,

Really looking forward to trying out your ObjC egg & tutorials.
Unfortunately, I'm having a problem trying to install the egg:

$ sudo chicken-setup objc
  /opt/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s cocoa.scm -objc
-O2 -d1 -framework Cocoa -X ./objc.scm
Error: during expansion of (define-ns:struct->locative ...) - unbound
variable: string-upcase
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 70:
/opt/local/bin/chicken cocoa.scm -output-file cocoa.m -dynamic
-feature chicken-compile-shared -quiet -feature compiling-extension
-ffi-define __OBJC__ -optimize-level 2 -debug-level 1 -extend
./objc.scm
make: Failed to make cocoa.so: shell invocation failed with non-zero
return status
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"/opt/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s cocoa.scm -objc
-O2 -d1 -fr...
70

Please find attached the full build log which contains a call trace
etc. I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.4, gcc 4.0 from Apple's development
tools, and the installed Chicken version is: version 2, build 216 -
macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ptables ]

Any clues appreciated :-)

Arto

PS. As I've just switched from Linux to Mac OS X, there's no doubt a
number of subtle
issues that could trip me up, so I apologize if I've overlooked
something obvious here.

--
Arto Bendiken
http://bendiken.net/