Re: [Chicken-users] To whom it may concern: Working on TinT

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] To whom it may concern: Working on TinT
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:18:14 -0800

On Feb 21, 2006, at 1:27 PM, address@hidden wrote:

I am working on TinT (Tint is not Termite), a Chicken specific Termite workalike. Alike in the sense that is generally shares syntax & semantics, but I feel under no constraint to be 100% faithful. (How could I be, Termite is still evolving.)

Hurrah! I've actually been lurking on the gambit & chicken lists to see if anyone would try something like this...

Pretty clear (to me) I'm not trying your interest.

Has anyone used chicken for multiprocessor systems?

Only at the OS process level.

I.e. with low-level threading that can take advantage of dual-core systems. (this could be fun to integrate with Henry Baker's EGAL paper (http://home.pipeline.com/~hbaker1/ObjectIdentity.html) and his Cheney-on-the-MTA paper that CHICKEN already implements... for certain values of "fun" :)

You know this would be a different language. Very "fun", yes ;).

I know multi-core support is one of Erlang's goals for this-coming year, and there have been some requests on the Gambit list for this lately, but I haven't found too many systems (scheme or otherwise) supporting this "now".

And I'm not one of them. Sorry. But the future beckons.

cheers,
Daniel Faken