Re: [Chicken-users] generating chicken.pdf

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] generating chicken.pdf
Date: 15 May 2006 22:41:08 -0300

Hello,

On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:33:54 -0700 Matthew Welland <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sunday 14 May 2006 22:24, felix winkelmann wrote:
> > The pdf is currently created by a different script. It's a bit of
> > a pain, since one requires tex for that (or not?).
> >
> > I think of throwing the pdf out completely...
>
> I hope not. I print it as a booklet and use it all the time...

I guess the pdf generation can be done with something like:

  $ texi2dvi chicken.texi
  $ dvipdf chicken.dvi

(Some systems have texi2pdf, so the pdf file can be generated with one
command).

I tried and it seems to works.  texi2dvi complains a little bit, but
the document is generated with 189 pages (don't know if it is correct,
though -- I didn't check the whole pdf).  In the end there are still
some error messages at the log file, but I don't know how to fix them.

One of the problems is that there are some accented chars at the
"Acknowledgements" section and texi2dvi doesn't seem to know how to
handle them.  Attached you can find a patch against the darcs head of
some minutes ago which should fix this (and fixes two small typos
too).

Best wishes,
Mario