Re: [Chicken-users] SQLite and opengl eggs don't compile "out of the box

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SQLite and opengl eggs don't compile "out of the box" with latest release
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:52:36 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't know of a contract, so "breaking" is a bit
> strong.

Sorry -- I meant from the users' point of view. A user
thinks that "the Chicken upgrade broke the opengl and
sqlite eggs". I'm not trying to assign blame or
anything.

> I wouldn't characterize it as API change, rather
> extension. So, yes,  they do.

I have no idea what is going on as far as the API; my
main suggestion was to pay extra attention to the top
N eggs (ranked by downloads) before making a release,
in order to improve the user experience.

-- Dan