Re: [Chicken-users] Nursery sizing considered stupid

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Nursery sizing considered stupid
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:41:19 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> BTW, there's an OPTION in CMakeSetup and CCMake to turn off
> DETERMINE_BEST_STACK_SIZE.  It's ON by default, you can turn it OFF if
> you find it objectionable.  But I hope you leave it ON long enough to do
> some more testing.  I haven't had time to fix the sampling logic,
> although it will be trivial.

No problem.  I'm trying to undermine the whole idea of sampling, not
complain about the deficiencies of the particular sampling regimes;
I happened to use the CMake output because it was handy and because
it reports one particular value (128K) twice, not because I think
CMake is particularly at fault here.

--
You're a brave man! Go and break through the            John Cowan
lines, and remember while you're out there              address@hidden